Thursday, 27 August 2026

The second test is evenly poised between Pakistan and England 2026

 


Pakistan and England second test is evenly poised with Pakistan slightly ahead as England are 248 for 9 at stumps on Day 1 of the test match. Again I would say that Pakistan let the England lower order to somewhat and to some extent comeback in this test match when they were 122 for 5 with Jamie Smith scoring a half century and Gus Atkinson at 34 not out.

This letting the lower order batsmen to score runs proved to be devastating for Pakistan as Pakistani pacemen dont have the pace to knockout these batsmen with pace. I wonder why they are not playing Ubaid Shah as he has some pace as compared to Mohammad Abbas, Khurram Shahzad and Muhammad Ali.

In the end what I would like to say is that Pakistani batsmen will need to bat well in this test match as conditions favour bowlers in this test match as there is lot of seam, sideways movement and swing on this Lord's pitch.

No comments:

Post a Comment